Vegan Creamy Mango Sorbet
Source: Better Vegan Category: Vegan Desserts
Prep Time: 20 min Chill time: 2 hrs Churn Time: 20 min Freeze time: 5-8 hrs Total Time: 7-10 hrs 40 min
Vegan I Raw I Gluten Free I Refined Sugar Free I Fat Free I Soy Free
About this recipe
This refreshing sorbet is a perfect summer treat or snack. Mangoes are the best when they are in season, so summer is the best time to make it. We wanted the sorbet which is smooth and creamy, and not icy and crystallized, and this recipe delivered. Serve with fresh mint, raspberries or on its own, it tastes great either way. Just remember that the best way to eat fruit is on empty stomach, so eat this dessert first!
3 or 4 fully ripe medium to large mangoes
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/8 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. unflavored vodka
Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Peel and core the mangoes, then cut the flesh into 1/2 pieces.
3. Place the cut mangoes and the rest of the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until the mixture resembles puree consistency.
4. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer set over medium bowl, pressing down the solids, to get rid of any fibrous tissues that may be left. Discard any solids and place the strained mixture to refrigerator to chill for about 2 hours.
5. Turn on the ice cream maker; pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Follow your ice cream maker's manufacturer instructions for precise timing and process (I use Cuisinart ICE-21).
Sorbet will have a soft, creamy texture. Transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and place in freezer for several hours or overnight.
4. To serve place one or two scoops in a small bowl and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
When left in freezer overnight, the sorbet may freeze pretty hard, depending on your freezer temperature. Check it 15 minutes before serving. If it is too hard, remove from freezer about 5-10 minutes before serving.