Better Vegan Grain-Free Gluten-Free Almond-Coconut Cake
Source: Better Vegan Category: Vegan Baked Goods, Vegan Desserts
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 25-30 min Total Time: 45-50 min
Makes 1 loaf
Vegan I Gluten Free I Refined Sugar Free I Soy Free I Grain Free
About this recipe
Almonds and coconut in one cake - what can be better! This recipe uses almond and coconut flours as a base, and it is moist and delicious. Maple syrup adds just enough sweetness, and vanilla and cinnamon bring out the flavor. Due to its high nut content, the cake contains a lot of proteins and healthy fats, and no improper food parings (like protein with starch), which means it is easier for your body to digest it. Can be served as a breakfast sweet bread or dessert.
12 Tbsp. very hot water
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-inch cake pan or loaf pan with coconut oil.
3. In a large bowl, combine Egg Replacer and hot water and whisk very well together. Add oil, maple syrup and vanilla and mix well.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and shredded coconut.
5. Combine the liquid ingredients with the dry ones and mix thoroughly to combine. You can do it by hand or use a stand mixer, like I do. Add walnuts and mix to combine. Batter will be very thick.
6. Transfer batter to cake pan or loaf pan, evenly distribute it and smooth out the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool before serving. You can store the cake in the fridge, loosely covered, for up to 5 days.
For best results use stand mixer like Kitchenaid. Since the batter is pretty thick, it is sometimes hard to mix it well together by hand.