top of page
Better Vegan Grain-Free Gluten-Free Almond-Coconut Cake
Source: Better Vegan Category: Vegan Baked Goods, Vegan Desserts
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 25-30 min Total Time: 45-50 min
Makes 1 loaf
Vegan I Gluten Free I Refined Sugar Free I Soy Free I Grain Free
About this recipe
Almonds and coconut in one cake - what can be better! This recipe uses almond and coconut flours as a base, and it is moist and delicious. Maple syrup adds just enough sweetness, and vanilla and cinnamon bring out the flavor. Due to its high nut content, the cake contains a lot of proteins and healthy fats, and no improper food parings (like protein with starch), which means it is easier for your body to digest it. Can be served as a breakfast sweet bread or dessert.
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I use Bob's Red Mill Shredded Coconut, Unsweetened)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted (I use Kirkland Signature Walnuts)
3 Tbsp. Egg Replacer powder (I use Ener G Egg Replacer)
12 Tbsp. very hot water
2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted (I use Kirkland Signature Cold Pressed Unrefined Organic Virgin Coconut Oil)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (I use McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract)
1 1/2 cup almond flour (I use Kirkland Signature Almond Flour Blanched California Superfine)
1/3 cup coconut flour (I use Bob's Red Mill, Organic Gluten Free Coconut Flour)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (try Organic Wise Ceylon Cinnamon Ground Powder)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
Pinch pink Himalayan salt (I use Sherpa Pink Gourmet Himalayan Salt, 5 lbs Fine Grain)
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-inch cake pan or loaf pan with coconut oil.
3. In a large bowl, combine Egg Replacer and hot water and whisk very well together. Add oil, maple syrup and vanilla and mix well.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and shredded coconut.
5. Combine the liquid ingredients with the dry ones and mix thoroughly to combine. You can do it by hand or use a stand mixer, like I do. Add walnuts and mix to combine. Batter will be very thick.
6. Transfer batter to cake pan or loaf pan, evenly distribute it and smooth out the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool before serving. You can store the cake in the fridge, loosely covered, for up to 5 days.
For best results use stand mixer like Kitchenaid. Since the batter is pretty thick, it is sometimes hard to mix it well together by hand.
Stand mixer (I use KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer)
Non-stick loaf pan (Try Bakers Secret Premium Non-stick Medium Loaf Pan )
Serve at room temperature with a scoop of Better Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream.
This page contains affiliate links to Amazon which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. You will pay the same price as you normally would on Amazon and you can still use your Prime account. This small contribution will help us support this site and bring you more delicious clean vegan recipes that you and your family will enjoy.
Thank you for your support!
bottom of page