Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake Jars
Source: ChoosingChia Category: Vegan Desserts
Prep Time: 25 min Cook Time: 0 Total Time: 25 min Makes 4 servings
Sugar-free option available (see notes)
About this recipe
These cheesecake jars are really easy to make, are absolutely delicious and full of blueberry flavor. Due to its high antioxidant content, blueberries have the ability to significantly reduce inflammation in our bodies and are full of many other health benefits. All of our testers loved these cheesecake jars, vegans and non-vegans alike.
1 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 2 hours or overnight then drained (I use Sincerely Nuts Raw Cashews Whole & Unsalted No Shell)
1/2 cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk (I use Thai Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk)
2 Tbsp. maple syrup (I use Butternut Mountain Farm, 100% Pure Maple Syrup From Vermont)
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla extract (I use McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract)
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 fresh blueberries for garnish
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Add the cashews, coconut milk maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract to a high-speed blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the blueberries and maple syrup to a small pot on medium heat. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and let cook down for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
5. To assemble the jars, layer some of the cheesecake mixture, blueberry compote and fresh blueberries.
6. Place in the fridge to set for 2-4 hours, or overnight.