top of page
Better Vegan Grain-Free Gluten-Free Coconut Muffins
Source: Better Vegan Category: Vegan Baked Goods, Vegan Desserts
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 25 min Total Time: 35 min Makes 24 mini muffins or 12 large muffins
About this recipe
These muffins are moist, delicious and contain no starch! They are grain-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free, which makes them a guilt-free sweet treat. They are pretty easy to make, and you can modify them by adding vegan chocolate chips, fruits or nuts.
3/4 cup coconut flour (I use Bob's Red Mill, Organic Gluten Free Coconut Flour)
1/3 cup maple syrup (I use Butternut Mountain Farm, 100% Pure Maple Syrup From Vermont)
2 Tbsp. Egg replacer powder (I use Ener G Egg Replacer)
8 Tbsp. very hot water
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (I use Kirkland Signature Cold Pressed Unrefined Organic Virgin Coconut Oil)
1 cup almond butter (see recipe here)
1 tsp. vanilla extract (I use McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract)
1/2 shredded unsweetened coconut (I use Bob's Red Mill Shredded Coconut, Unsweetened)
Coconut oil for greasing the pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease 12-cup or 24-mini-cup nonstick muffin tin with coconut oil.
3. Combine egg replacer powder and hot water in a medium bowl or a bowl of a stand mixer and whisk well. Add maple syrup, oil, almond butter and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well using a large spoon or stand mixer with paddle attachment.
5. Distribute batter evenly into prepared pans, filling each 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 20-25 mins, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
8. Allow muffins to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
If you want completely sugar-free muffins, substitute maple syrup for liquid stevia. Start with about 20drops, then adjust to taste.
Stand mixer (optional) (I use KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer)
Non-stick muffin pan (I use Silicone Mini Muffin Pan, SySrion 24 Cup Premium Cupcakes Pan Shapes )
Serve as a breakfast or dessert.
bottom of page