Vegan Grain-Free Gluten-Free Orange Cardamom Cookies
Source: ChoosingChia Category: Vegan Desserts, Vegan Baked Goods
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 12 min Total Time:27 min Makes 12 cookies
Sugar-free option available (see notes)
About this recipe
These are one of the best and easiest vegan cookies to make. Besides being grain-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free, they are packed with proteins and healthy fats from almond flour and are full of cardamom orange flavor, which I personally love. These cookies were definitely one of our tasters' favorites.
2 cups blanched almond flour (I use Kirkland Signature Almond Flour Blanched California Superfine)
2 Tbsp. orange zest
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. cardamom (I use Spicy World Ground Cardamom Powder 3.5oz (Cardamon))
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil (I use Kirkland Signature Cold Pressed Unrefined Organic Virgin Coconut Oil)
1/4 cup maple syrup (I use Butternut Mountain Farm, 100% Pure Maple Syrup From Vermont, Grade A)
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
3. Mix the almond flour, orange zest, lemon zest, cardamom, and baking soda together in a bowl.
4. Next add the avocado oil or coconut oil and maple syrup and mix together until a dough forms. (you can also use a mixer for this if you prefer).
5. Using your hands, form a ball with the dough.
6. Wrap in some parchment paper or plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.
7. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper until it is about 1cm thick.
8. Use a round cookie cutter to cut the cookies.
9. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
10. Take out of the oven and let cool.