Better Vegan Marinated Portobello Mushrooms
Source: Better Vegan Category: Vegan Appetizers
Prep Time: 10 min Cook time: 20 min Marinating time: 2-3 hrs Total Time: 2-3 hrs 30 min Serves 4 to 6
About this recipe
Although I am not a big fan of balsamic vinegar, every once in a while I do use it. This recipe wouldn't be the same without it. A classic combination of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic give these mushrooms depth and flavor that everybody loves. This appetizer is definitely a crowd pleaser.
3 tsp. + avocado oil (I use La Tourangelle Avocado Oil )
2 large Portobello mushrooms, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 garlic clove, minced
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (I use Newman's Own Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 17 oz)
3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Pink Himalayan salt (I use Sherpa Pink Gourmet Himalayan Salt, 5 lbs Fine Grain)
Fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Heat 1 tsp. coconut oil in a medium size pan on a medium heat.
3. Working in batches, saute Portobello mushrooms on each side until golden-brown, sprinkling each side with salt and pepper. For each batch add 1 tsp. coconut oil or a little bit more if the pan is really dry. Mushrooms will absorb a lot of oil.
4. Meantime, prepare the marinade. Put garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar into a medium-size bowl and whisk to combine.
5. Add sauteed mushrooms and toss well so the mushrooms are completely coated. Allow to marinate in room temperature for about 2-3 hours, tossing occasionally.
6. To serve, mound on a plate, drizzle with marinade and sprinkle with finely chopped fresh parsley.